Tuesday, February 20, 2007

10 stone 3

10 stone 3 is the heaviest I've been since having a baby nearly three years ago. A few months after the birth with the help of a personal trainer I weighed 9 stone 8. Now I'm heavier and less motivated than ever before. If I stop thinking and enjoying food so much, if I take away the choice and stick to a formulated plan of bland convenience food, will it work? Or will my good intentions slip away within the week with a large glass of wine or a dinner out?

Breakfast
30g bowl Kelloggs crunchy nut cornflakes with 125ml semi skimmed milk 178kcal

10.49am, feeling hungry, going to drink large glass of water and bring lunch forward to midday.

Lunch
M&S Count on us mushroom and ham pizza 355kcal
It looks nice, but at 245g is not very big. But surprisingly satisfying. It lacked salt and flavour and was generally a bit dry but I don't feel hungry after eating it.

2pm Cup of peppermint tea (0 kcals) and one M&S Count on Us Chocolate Biscuit Stick 15kcal Not very chocolatey but no nasty sweetner aftertaste and really crunchy.

3.30pm Packet of Quavers 84 kcal

5pm Clementine 35 kcal

Dinner
M&S Count on us butternut squash risotto 400kcals
It looks appetising and healthy! It's topped with big chunks of squash and fresh green leaves. Makes me feel better about casting aside all I know about good food and replacing my home-cooked dinners with ready meals.

100ml white wine made into a spritzer with fizzy water 82kcal
Babybel Light 42 kcal

TOTAL 1191 kcals